Fifth Annual Meeting of the BICA Society
November 7-9 (Friday-Sunday): Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge,MA 02139, USA (http://bicasociety.org/meetings/2014).
Sponsors: The BICA Society; The MIT; Elsevier B.V.; DOLLabs, Inc. Points of contact: Paul Robertson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Alexei Samsonovich (email@example.com)
Submission is closed.
How to Make BICA 2014 Submissions
The following applies to all submissions to the main conference and to all Symposia organized as part of BICA 2014. Please read this page carefully. When you are ready to make your submission, please click on the submission link on the right: this will take you to EasyChair.
Publication VenuesPublication venues of BICA 2014 include:
- BICA - an Elsevier journal indexed in Scopus, submitted for indexing in Web of Science CI.
- Special volume of Elsevier's Procedia Computer Science, indexed by Web of Science CPI and Scopus.
- Electronic and printed program brochure - to be locally distributed to all conference participants.
- Any additional publication venues that individual Symposia Organizers may offer.
Submission CategoriesAccordingly, we have the following categories of submission to the conference, only the first two of which may be published as official Proceedings of BICA 2014:
- (1) papers for BICA - Letters or Research Articles;
- (2) papers for a volume of Procedia Computer Science;
- (3) stand-alone abstracts to be included in the conference program brochure (unpublished).
Preparation of SubmissionsAll final paper submissions, including submissions to the journal BICA and to Procedia Computer Science, must be in a camera-ready form prepared based on the provided Procedia templates (regardless of whether the paper is intended/accepted for the BICA journal or for Procedia). Camera-readiness is optional for initial submissions, yet mandatory for accepted final submissions. One of the following templates downloadable here should be used for preparation of your submission:
In addition to being camera-ready, submissions intended for the journal BICA should include all figures uploaded as separate, high-resolution vector-graphic files. All submissions to BICA 2014 should be made via EasyChair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=bica2014). Do not forget to prepare and include all necessary metadata. Regarding the word and page limits, the following rules apply.
- For BICA (the journal): acceptable categories include Letters (i.e., brief communications of new findings; approximately 3,000 - 6,000 words) and full Research Articles (approximately 8,000 - 12,000 words). Full-length Vision Papers may be submitted by invitation only. No position papers will be considered for publication in the journal. For further details, please consult the BICA Guide for Authors.
- For Procedia Computer Science: research and position papers are acceptable; same page limits apply to both categories. Any page in excess of 6 Procedia pages should be covered by a fee of $50 USD at the time of registration. For further details, please consult the Procedia Computer Science Guide for Authors.
- For abstracts: limit to 500 words for printed version. Additional materials (e.g., a short bio) can be uploaded to help reviewers. Abstracts will be printed in the conference program brochure and may be posted online, but will not be officially published.